Pages

Monday 16 September 2019

Cleaning up the community - Kawakawa

Bay of Islands College Year 9 students during a clean-up of Kawakawa's streets. Photo / Peter de Graaf


Last week all of us helped to pick up rubbish we so stuff wouldn't pollute our awa. It was a beautiful day to go out and help the community we set off we went on our walk picking up rubbish after rubbish after rubbish we cleaned out a whole street and set of to another I even saw a stranger picking up rubbish with us. After our hekoi we went to the dairy to get a feed I swear we bought more rubbish then we picked up.

Keep our awa clean whanau!



4 comments:

  1. Hi Tyreece my name Mikaire and I am a year 6 at Paihia School. I read your post about you picking up rubbish from the side of the road. I liked it because you added photos in the post. I did the same thing but I cleaned up the beach. Me and my group found a dead crab on the beach. Would you clean up the road again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea for sure Mikaire I would be down to pick up more rubbish to keep our Land clean.

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Tyreece,
    My name is Cheyenne and I’m a year 8 student who attends Paihia School. I like your blog post about keeping the Awa clean. Our class have recently had a beach clean up and there was a lot of cigarette butts lying around. It’s sad to see people not putting their rubbish in the bin. How much rubbish did you guys find?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haii Tyreece, you should know me because im your cousin. BUt yeah i like how yous all went around to go and pick some rubbish up so you could keep our community clean. Maybe one day you can check my blog post
    http://kpsoshens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete